Merit Badge University
The Piedmont Council Advancement Committee would like to cordially invite your troop to participate in the 2018 Merit Badge University to be held on Saturday, February 17, 2018. The 2018 location for MBU will be at Gaston College in Dallas, NC.
ALL REGISTRATION AND CLASS CHANGES ARE NOW CLOSED. ANY CHANGES, ADDITIONS, OR DELETIONS WILL NEED TO BE MADE AT CHECK-IN.
Money will be due by February 2. You can pay online, mail or check or call the Council Office with a card number. If you pay online an additional 2% will be added to your total bill.
- CHECK-IN Scouts will meet around the flag pole in the center of the campus located in front of the Myers Building for opening-ceremony at 8:45 a.m. Please wait to be dismissed for class. Classes will start at 9:00 a.m. (Students enrolled in Metalwork, Welding and Fire Safety will need to meet at the Flag Pole) One-Troop Representative will check-in for the group starting at 8:00 a.m. in the Myers Building, to pick up their troop packet. Your packet will have your troop's class roster, map of the campus, patches, and most importantly class cards that will also serve as their meal ticket. Please let your scouts know ahead of time to keep their card. The card will have the Class Name, Class Location, and Lunch Time. The same goes for Adults who are taking classes. If you have Adults that are not taking classes, you will have a Meal Ticket card enclosed. It is very important to know that if you have not pre-registered your lunch is not guaranteed. Any outstanding balances will need to be paid at check-in. REMEMBER, if you have not removed your scout by Sunday, February 11, by midnight you will be charged for that scout regardless of attendance.
- DROPPED SCOUTS - If you have a scout that did not show, please take their class card to the DROP/ADD TABLE.
- ADDING A NEW SCOUT - Firstly, the troop representative at check-in will need to inform our staff of an addition and pay for them. Secondly, you must check the DROP/ADD TABLE to see what classes are available.
- LUNCH - Lunch will be served in three shifts between 11:30 and 12:30. We will be serving McDonald's 10-piece chicken nugget, Gogurt, cookie, chips and a drink. ALTERNATIVE lunch for anyone with special dietary needs will be a salad instead of chicken nuggets. PLEASE EMAIL Kara Miller with your salad count no later than FRIDAY, January 9, by 5:00 p.m.
- BE PREPARED - You can pre-print each scout an individual schedule by using the Report Generator in the online system. This individual report shows each scout their class and location of the class. Also, you can go to www.gastoncollege.edu and print each scout their own campus map. We will provide 2-maps in each packet. We will also have a Trading Post open in the Myers Building.
During this day, a Scouting memorabilia “estate sale” of Tommy King, long time Scouter of Battleground District, will continue in the lobby of the Engineering Building. One need not be registered in MBU to participate in the sale. All proceeds go to an undetermined honorarium for Tommy (depends on quantity of money raised). There is much Eswau Huppeday, Camp Bud Schiele and Piedmont Council material available.