B.A.L.O.O. is a one-day training course in basic outdoor camping, in accordance with BSA policy. This course is design to introduce new leaders and parents in preparing for pack overnights. At least one B.A.L.O.O. trained leader in attendance is mandatory for packs to camp overnight.
|Aims & Purposes of CS Outdoor programs||Campfire Program|
|Planning an Overnight Outing||Cooking|
|Health & Safety||First Aid & Sanitation|
|Outdoor Ethics||Stoves, Lanterns, & Fire Safety|
- MUST TAKE BALOO ONLINE TRAINING FIRST BEFORE YOU ARRIVE. (my.scouting.org about 30 min.)
- Please wear your uniform.
- Please bring a pencil and notepad for notes.
- Sessions will be held outside, please dress accordingly as this will be a rain, or shine event.
- Lunch and materials will be provided.
NOTE: This is an adult training class, with limited outdoor activity that is required by National, BSA for Cub Scout Leaders to take Cubs camping.